Project: Species ID Card
Author an ID Card!
Did you find a native or invasive species in the field and no species ID card to help identify it? You can make and share your own ID card!
1. Grab a Species ID Card to check out the type of information that goes on these cards
- What written evidence helps you identify the species?
- What photo evidence helps you identify the species?
2. Describe the key features of YOUR species. Focus on the characteristics that help you tell it apart from similar-looking species. To help you think about the key features, use this preview of the Google Form you'll fill out next.
3. Take or find photos of your species:
- If you took the photos yourself, please use a photo-sharing site to send your photos to us. Instructions for setting up a flicker account.
- If you did not take the photos, please send us the web address where we can find it.
4. Enter your information into our Google Form: Build a Vital Signs Species ID Card.
1. We'll turn your information into a new species card.
2. We'll send it to a Species Expert to review .
3. We'll post it to our Species Card page.
4. We'll let you know when it's up on the site!